Thursday 7 August 2008

Saiful Doctor Declaration : Saiful Not Sodomised ; Police make him to sign BM Statement (Full Report Updated)

The Statutory Declaration of Dr Mohamed Osman is available in Malaysia Today Website.
http://us2.malaysia-today.net/2008/content/view/10901/84/

CLICK HERE for Full STATOTORY DECLARATION OF DR. MOHAMED OSMAN IN PDF FORMAT

Full Statutory Declaration of Dr. Mohamed Osman

I, Dr. Mohamed Osman Abdul Hamid PR Card No.[A 358617] having a status as a Malaysian Permanent Resident of full age and having my residential address at B 24-3, Manara City One Condominium, Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, do solemly and sincerely declare as follows:

1. I am making this Statutory declaration in full knowledge and awareness that the matters relating to the police report by one Mohd Saiful Bukhari B Azlan (the Patient) that he has been sodomised by someone and that the medical report relating thereto attended by me has been widely circulated in the media.

2. I make this declaration to the best of my knowledge and recollection to present the true picture as far as my involvement is concerned.

3. I graduated from Institute of Medicine 2 University of Rangoon, Mayanmar in 1977. Immediately after graduation I worked as a Medical Officer with several public and private medical institutions in Myanmar until 1990. In 1991 I migrated to Malaysia and worked with RISEAP as Medical Officer until 1995. I later worked with HIKMAH (Harakah Islamiah) in Sarawak as a Medical Officer until 1999. I was later employed by the University Hospital in Petaling Jaya from 2000 to 2007 as Medical Officer and I joined Hospital PUSRAWI at the beginning of 2008 until now also as a Medical Officer. In total I have accumulated more than 30 years valuable experiences in the medical field.

4. Some time at the end of June 2008 while on duty in PUSRAWI, I was referred with a patient now widely known as Mohd Saiful Bukhari B. Azlan. He was initially attended to by another female doctor but subsequently referred to me as the Patient requested to be examined by a male doctor.

5. Through my experience I have encountered many similar complaint as the said Patient and I have thereupon proceeded with the appropriate examination on the Patient i.e. Per rectal examination and I have recorded my findings in the Hospital's standard medical examination folder.

6. I later learned that the examination folder was widely circulated in the media and internet and I was shocked and surprised to find out that the exact medical examination folder with its exact content without amendment or addition has found its way into the media.

7. The circulation of the medical report came to my knowledge after I went on leave. For record, however, I would like to confirm that I strongly stand firm on my findings.

8. In normal practice in the Hospital, at the end of the examination, the Patient's folder will be forwarded to the record office by the nurse or staff on duty together with the folders of other patients and I, or any other attending doctor for that matter, should have never handled patients record personally. I have never seen the Patient's medical record ever since until it was widely circulated by the media. I would like also to stress that I have no knowledge of the person responsible leaking the report to any third party.

9.Two days after I attended the examination on the patient, I came to know that the Patient's name appeared in the newspaper. I checked with hospital's computer and find out that the said Mohd Saiful Bukhari B Azlan was my patient. I had immediately informed Dr Kamarudin, the Hospital's director of the matter and was accordingly advised to refer the matter to the Hospital's administration which I duly complied.

10.Some time in early July 2008, I was visited by a police officer in uniform who introduced himself as ASP Rosmi Mat Derus from IPD Brickfield, Cawangan Jenayah. He informed me that the Patient has made police report and he is investigating the case. I was later interviewed and questioned on matters related to the Patient's medical examination which I have cooperated fully with him.

11. ASP Rosmi recorded my statement in his own handwriting in Bahasa Malaysia. He prepared 9 to 10 pages of hand written statement and asked me to sign and stamp every page with my official rubber stamp.

12. As the statements was handwritten and in Bahasa Malaysia, I did not understand most of it as I am not proficient in Bahasa Malaysia.

13.The following week, the same officer came to see me in plain cloths bringing along with him a prepared, typed and printed statement in Bahasa Malaysia which he asked me to read and sign.The Officer informed me that I have to re-signature the statements as the previous statements were handwritten and he needed the statements to be properly typed.

14.I read few paragraphs and made few amendments to the statements with the officer's assistance. I also pointed out to him those certain facts which has not been discussed in the previous meeting but was introduced in the typed statements. The facts queried was why the name of Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim appeared in several paragraphs when it was never brought up during the first interview and neither did the Patient ever confided in me with the identity of the alleged perpetrator. He replied that Dato' Seri Anwar is the accused and as I already came to know that Dato' Seri was the accused after reading the newspaper.

15. The Officer later inserted few additional paragraphs in the last page in his own handwriting and in Bahasa Malaysia. I also explained that in order to conduct the required examination procedure on the Patient and to utilize the instrument I have to apply lubricant on that instrument.

16.Even though I hesitated I signed the typed statements as I did not want to have any issues with the police. The second meeting lasted for about 45 minutes to one hour.

17. Approximately one week after the second meeting with ASP Rosmi, I was visited by another police officer in plain cloth who introduced herself as DSP Choo from Jalan Hang Tuah, Bahagian Jenayah. She asked me to explain all over again and I have complied by explaining everything that I knew in detail the whole procedures in relation to the examination on the Patient.

18.We conversed in English and she recorded in her own hand writing in Bahasa Malaysia. The written statement was later translated to me in English and I was later asked to sign the 4 to 5 pages statements.

19.On the onset of the interview she impressed on me that I will be charged if I refused to cooperate with the police. The meeting lasted for about an hour.

20. The seemingly constant and unending police investigation and being aware of the high profile nature of the case has disturbed me tremendously and I become worried of my safety and that of my family. Approximately one week after the third visit by the Police I decided to apply for leave and left Malaysia with my family.

AND I made this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue o the provisions of the Statutory Declaration Act, 1960

Subscribed and solemly declared
By the above named
Dr Mohd Osman Abdul Hamid
This 1st day of August 2008
(signed before COMMISSIONER for Oath, Mohd Annuar bin Mohd Salleh)




TheStar Online
Thursday August 7, 2008 MYT 4:18:39 PM


Doc who examined Saiful stands by his report (Update 2)
KUALA LUMPUR: The Myanmar doctor who had examined Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan is standing by his medical report that the former aide to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was not sodomised.

In a statutory declaration dated Aug 1, Dr Mohamed Osman Abdul Hamid @ Than Aung, reiterated that he stood by 'his findings'.

"For the record I would like to confirm that I strongly stand firm on my findings," he said in his statutory declaration.

Dr Mohamed Osman also said he had no knowledge of how his medical examination report on Mohd Saiful was circulated to the media and Internet. "I would like to stress that I have no knowledge of the person responsible for leaking the report to any third party," he added.

Dr Mohamed Osman said that some time in early July, he was visited by an officer from the Brickfields district police's criminal division, ASP Rosmi Mat Derus, who interviewed him about the medical examination on Mohd Saiful.

He said ASP Rosmi recorded the statement in Bahasa Malaysia, in his own handwriting, which he did not understand.

The following week the same officer returned with a typed statement in Bahasa Malaysia for him to read and sign.

However, Dr Mohamed Osman said certain facts that were not discussed in the previous meeting had been introduced in the typed statement, namely Anwar's name.

Dr Mohamed Osman claimed Anwar's name was never brought up during the first interview and Mohd Saiful also never confided to him about the identity of the alleged perpetrator.

"About a week later I was visited by a plainclothes police officer by the name of DSP Choo from the criminal division of the Jalan Hang Tuah district police, who impressed on me that I would be charged if I refused to cooperate with the police," he added.
Dr Mohamed Osman said he then decided to flee the country with his family as he feared for his and their safety.

Saiful was examined by Dr Mohamed Osman at Hospital Pusrawi before he lodged a police report alleging he had been sodomised by Anwar.

The Myanmar national was put into the centre of the sodomy allegation controversy, when the report was leaked and posted on blogs on July 29.

The hospital has since stated that Dr Mohamed Osman had not carried out a sodomy related examination on Saiful.

No comments: