Wednesday 7 May 2008

Top student denied place in university

Top student denied place in university
Malaysia Alternative Voices:
With references to the Letter to "The Star" Published on 5 May 2008 an 7 May 2008

To the Government / Relevant Authority
- Why are there no reply to these letters?
- What are the Criteria that is required for these Top Students to be rejected?
- Why are they rejected?
- What else should these poor student do?
Can the Ministry of Education / Relevant Authority / Government please reply and clarify?
We really would like to hear your side of the story

To MCA
- What have you done to help these poor Top Students?
- Have you not heard them?

To the Opposition / Pakatan Rakyat
- What happen to the "Ketuanan Rakyat" that you all pledge.
- Why are these issues never been raised? Sensetive , I guess is the answer

To Other affected
- Please continue to voice up until your voice is heard

Malaysia Alternative Voices Pledge :-
- We are not asking for equal rights with the Bumiputera, let the Bumiputera have their priviliges they deserved, we are only asking for Transparency and a well defined admision criterias
- We understand that the Government have limited spaces and scholarship, we are not asking the Government to admit everyone, we are only asking the Government to admit the deserving students and top performers. (Retain the Best Brain in Malaysia)

Is that TOO MUCH TO ASK ?

Let give the Students hope, dont kill off the the Younger Generation hope. It is sad to hear the younger generation say, "No need to study so hard, we are not getting to get into the Universities anyway"

Read on to the letter to "The Star", feel the Student pain and despair, it you all have a Heart.

Letter To the Star - No 2 : 7 May 2008

Top student denied place in university

I REFER to the letter “9A1s and no scholarship or place in local varsity” (The Star, May 5). At present, I am in the same situation as the writer.

I am a student of Indian-Muslim origin. In the 2007 SPM examination, I obtained 7A1s, 3A2s and 1B4. Right after receiving my results, I applied for admission to local universities as well as a PSD scholarship. I was confident of getting a place.

A few weeks later, I was called up for an interview for the PSD scholarship. I was quite happy then because I did not expect to be short-listed.

However, my dreams were dashed when I found out that I was denied a place not just in the local universities, but also in matriculation studies. It's not just me, but also my Chinese and Indian friends, who had equally good if not better results than me.

Right now most of them have resigned to their fate and they have no choice but to enter Form 6 or spend their own money to enroll in private institutions.

I studied in a Government school for a full 11 years and yet why is the Government not helping me to pursue my tertiary education? My friends and I studied hard for SPM and yet we have very slim chances in furthering our studies except by going through Form 6.

Right now, I am just waiting for the outcome of the PSD scholarship and also reply from a private learning institution. I hope the Government would do something about this and consider our feelings. Please don't punish us just because we are non-bumiputras. We are Malaysians too.

DISAPPOINTED & DEJECTED,
Kampar.

Letter To the Star - No 1 : 5 May 2008

9A1s and no scholarship or place in local varsity

I AM very desperate about my future. I obtained 9A1s, 2A2s and 1B3 in the 2007 SPM examination. Upon receiving my results, I immediately applied for a PSD scholarship, hoping to further my studies overseas.

However, my heart was broken when I found out that I was not even short-listed for an interview. I sent a letter to the Prime Minister via http://www.warkahuntukpm.com.my/ appealing for an interview. There was no reply.

I also applied for admission to the local universities and was confident that I could get a place. But again, I was disappointed when I checked the Higher Education Ministry's website yesterday.

Before that, I was also denied a place for matriculation studies.

Frankly, all my hopes for the country are diminishing due to the short-sightedness of our policy-makers. I just do not understand them. Deserving students should be given a chance to further their education.

Are we less deserving just because we are non-bumiputras?

DESPERATE STUDENT,
Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

Anak Malaysia said...

Dear Smart Malaysian Students,

We, ex-smart students and elite grads from top foreign universities were past victim students of TUN Dr M prime time biased education policies towards the minority people of Malaysia. TUN took away the big TONGKAT ALI from the smart minority people for the majority people so that we minority people became Independent "Berdikari" people to swim or drown in our wild crusade to find better educations and life in Malaysia.

We listened and remembered the noble advices from our grandparents quoted: -

"Dont worry, be happy, do your very best to score the best results in your prime education time, your own biased government cannot support the minority groups but the global communities are willing to support and finance the local smart elite brain students from their countries. Nothing is lost if you scored good public exam results with string As in HSC, MCE and LCE in last 80's. Many foreign countries have million scholarships waiting for smart students to pick them up and enrol in top universities of your choices".

Yes, easy said than done ....we replied. True enough that we studied smart enough to score good grades but denied JPA scholarships and local universities rejected our applications because we are too excellent and smart enough for the local professors to teach us. Hence, we are selected by foreign missions and universities with good packages like scholarships, good degree courses, foods and lodging allowances and guarateed employment in their countries after graduated. We struggled damn hard and study smart and work hard in foreign soils to fulfil our contracts with foreigners. Fortunately, we are freemen now with our years of working experienced from overseas that we are ready to continue serving our own Malaysian people of all races today. We believed " Forgive and Forget" is good noble proverb that we trust that nothing can stop a person excel in his/her education and to be rewarded by the global communities if our own government failed to do so. Malaysians have read and listen enough is enough the main causes of "BRAIN DRAIN" agenda is an old sad legacy story repeated every year in Malaysia but our ruling parties never read or listen enough.

Last but not least, please remember a good two proverbs here to share with all dissapointed smart students: -

"IF YOU WANT A RAINBOW, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO CREATE THE RAIN "

"STUDY HARD, WORK SMART AND PRAY HARD" :-)

IN GOD WE TRUST

FROM ANAK BANGSA MALAYSIA